Emerging Markets Team
- Investment Process
- The investment team benefits from extensive emerging markets experience, continuity of its investment professionals and a rigorous investment process.
- The investment team is comprised of 5 individuals averaging more than 19 years of investment experience - nearly all focused on emerging markets.
- All team members focus exclusively on finding emerging market companies that offer sustainable returns on equity, but fit tightly monitored risk and valuation parameters.
- Trading is supported by an experienced global trading desk that averages more than 17 years of experience in global markets.
- The investment team is located in New York, NY with a research office in Wilmington, DE.
Maria Negrete-Gruson, CFA, Managing Director
Portfolio Manager - Emerging Markets Strategy
22 years of investment experience
Maria Negrete-Gruson, CFA, is a managing director of Artisan Partners and a portfolio manager on the Emerging Markets team. In this role, she is the portfolio manager for the Emerging Markets strategy. Prior to joining Artisan in April 2006, Ms. Negrete-Gruson was the portfolio manager for DuPont Capital Management’s emerging markets equity portfolios. Before assuming responsibilities as portfolio manager, she was an international equity analyst at DuPont covering the developed Asia-ex Japan region. Earlier in her career, she was a foreign exchange trader for Banco Ganadero in Bogotá, Colombia. Ms. Negrete-Gruson holds a bachelor’s degree in Finance and International Relations from Universidad Externado in Colombia and a Master of Business Administration from Columbia Business School. She is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.